Happy Global Wellness Day! We wanted to honor this extremely important day by talking a little bit about it and exploring a few ways that you can celebrate it!
Perhaps you have never heard of Global Wellness Day, or maybe you have heard of it and are just not sure what it is about. Global Wellness Day (GWD) is an entirely not-for-profit national holiday that is dedicated to helping you focus on living well. GlobalWellnessDay.Org states that the purpose of this day is to ask yourself the question, “How can I live a healthier and better life?”
The main goals for the day are:
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
These are large tasks, that may seem overwhelming, so where should we start? The idea behind GWD is not to make a complete life change in one single day, it is to consciously make small (healthier) decisions and to start taking steps in the right direction. Becoming a completely different person overnight is unrealistic, instead you want to use this day as the first day of the rest of your, healthier, life. Not just healthier physically, but mentally and emotionally as well!
GlobalWellnessDay.Org has published what they call the GWD 7 Day Manifest. This manifest is a list of 7 things that you can do to begin your journey to Wellness.
The Manifest Includes:
- Walk for an Hour
- Drink More Water
- Eat Healthy Food
- Do a Good Deed
- Have a Family Dinner With Your Loved Ones
- Sleep at 10 PM
These items are all excellent goals. However, the reality is that the world is going through a unique and challenging time right now, we are all working together to do the best that we can, but all of these items on the list might not be possible for you right now. Have you heard the phrase, “we are all in the same storm, but in different ships?” It is true. The struggles that we are facing in terms of today’s current events are going to affect each one of us differently, and the way they affect you will also differ from the way they affect your loved ones, friends, colleagues, neighbors, etc. That is why, while we do believe that this list is an excellent suggestion, it is important that you create your list to meet your individual life goals.
Here are a few other ideas to consider:
- Call Your Family/Friends Just to Check in (Video Calls are Awesome!)
- Help Someone Out or Do A Random Act of Kindness
- Donate Something That You Never Use
- Mail a Card or Letter to Someone You Appreciate or Love
- Compliment Someone
- Start a Garden
- Unfollow Negative Social Media Accounts
- Make Skincare Wellness a Part of Your Daily Ritual
- Read One Book a Month (For Fun)
- Start a Journal
- Get Organized: Closets, Drawers, the 8,000 Photos on Your iPhone, etc.
- Start #SelfcareSundays and Do a Spa Day at Home Once a Week
- Try a New Healthy Recipe
- Treat yourself to a Healthy Juice or Smoothie Recipe
- Reconnect with a Friend That You Have Lost Touch With
- Try Yoga/Meditate
- Take a Bubble Bath
- Watch the Sunrise/Sunset
- Treat Yourself to Fresh Flowers
- Do Something Creative
Making skincare wellness a part of your daily wellness ritual is important! For amazing options to address your every skin concern or help you meet your skin health goals VISIT OUR SITE.
There is no wrong place to start, the idea is just to start somewhere and to make sure that you are moving forward every day! Whichever way you choose to celebrate, we hope that you enjoy your Global Wellness Day, and that you remember to LiveBeautyFull! Make sure to follow us on social and also tag us in your #GlobalWellnessDay Posts so that we can follow your journey! #PevoniaNaturalSkincare
Your Pevoniacs Family
View the GWD 7 Step Manifest CLICK HERE.